Join us for the 2023 Berkeley Summer Experience.
Berkeley Summer Experience is a series of comprehensive application workshops and information sessions that is intended to introduce prospective students to the UC application and admissions process, as well as the UC Berkeley undergraduate experience. During the program, students will learn how to present a strong application for UC admission, meet current students and/or alumni, and learn of the many resources and activities offered at one of the world’s leading universities. Participants of Berkeley Summer Experience receive support that does not end after the program. Our admissions staff continue to support students through the application cycle to prepare students with their applications.
Goal of the Program
Berkeley Summer Experience is built to serve first-generation, low-income, and/or underrepresented students. We offer strategies for crafting a competitive UC Application, while introducing them to resources designed to help students succeed on the UC Berkeley campus. While the resources we’ll connect you with at BSE are Berkeley-specific, similar programs exist throughout the UC system.
This year, Berkeley Summer Experience will take place on campus from June 23- June 25 2023.
- The program is free of charge for students who are selected
- Participants will be staying in the Residence Halls and will be expected to stay the duration of the program
- Meals will be provided
- If you needs support with transportation please let us know*
Eligibility & Selection
Eligibility criteria for this program are as follows:
High school students:
- attend a high school in California
- have an unweighted GPA of at least a 3.5
- be a senior in high school in fall 2023
Community college students:
- attended a California Community College
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3
- have completed at least 30 semester transferable units by the end of spring prior to session
|April 3||Application Goes Live|
|May 5||Applications Due|
|May 15||Selected Students Notified|
|June 23-25||Berkeley Summer Experience|
|September & October||Participant feedback on Personal Insight Questions from admissions staff|
If you have any questions about the program, please contact us at: email@example.com