Transfer Admissions Information by College

The requirements for admission as a transfer student vary by college. Requirements for all majors are available on or in the Berkeley Academic Guide. Visit the college websites for more information.

  • All colleges require a minimum of 60 semester (90 quarter) UC-transferable units by the end of the spring term prior to fall matriculation.
  • The colleges do not accept second bachelor’s degrees with the exception of the College of Chemistry’s Chemistry and Chemical Biology majors only. See college website for more details.
  • For colleges that require the Reading and Composition requirement, students with 4-year coursework can review Transfer Courses for Reading and Composition (by Institution)

Learn more about the colleges: